Wednesday saw the Chamonix PGHM (Mountain Rescue) have one of their first busy days of the season.
Six call outs were made throughout the day, involving both helicopters plus a doctor riding onboard from Sallanches hospital.
- Early afternoon, Contamines-Montjoie, a 71 year old man fell badly whilst skiing, he was air lifted to Sallanches hospital.
- Then, the PGHM rescued a snow shoe hiker who found himself in trouble, uninjured he was airlifted back to the Drop Zone in Les Bois.
- Later, a young girl had a luge accident on the Bettex piste in Saint-Gervais. She was taken to Sallanches hospital with minor injuries.
- Three snowshoers were also evacuated unscathed after a technical jam under the Bellachat refuge in Chamonix.
- In the middle of the afternoon, a man suffered trauma to his knee and was taken to Chamonix hospital.
- To finish the day off, a skier fell hard at Le Tour resulting in light trauma to the head.